NHS Prescription ordering direct (POD) service is the easy way for you to order your repeat prescription!
Currently, there are 34 GP practices in Coventry and Rugby that are signed up to the POD service, giving the opportunity for these practice patients to call a dedicated number to speak to an experienced health professional when needing to reorder a repeat prescription.
Patients are advised to:
- Please check your medication cupboard before ordering
- We ask patients to order their prescription when they have 5 days of medication left
- If you have a build up of medication please let us know so that we can adjust the quantities, so that everything falls in line
- Please do not order 'just in case'. If you need the medication in future then you will still be able to request it
- Let us know if you have stopped taking any of your medicines
View the POD leaflet for more detail about the service.
The NHS Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) service is provided, on behalf of your GP practice by NHS Coventry and Rugby Clinical Commissioning Group.
Telephone lines are open between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). Outside these hours or if you have any difficulty in accessing the service then please complete the online form to request a call back.
POD Call Back Request
If you have any difficulty in accessing the service then please complete the online form to request a call-back.
If the call back request is received before 2pm you will receive a telephone call the same day. Anything after 2pm you will be contacted the following working day. Therefore a call back requested on Friday after 2pm will not be handled until the following Monday.